Green Burial - "Direct Burial"
For Green cemetery locations, click here.
What a Green burial entails:
- Body is buried soon after death.
- A person’s body is put into a simple container with no embalming.
- There is no use of a traditional casket unless it is an environmentally safe product such as bamboo or cardboard.
- There is a lot less ceremony and usually there is not a visitation.
- There are special cemeteries for green burials.
- This type of funeral is a good fit for the environmentally conscious.
- Environmentally friendly – less land space, less pollution
- Cost is lower
- This type of funeral does not follow traditional customs, which might leave loved ones feeling left out of the grieving process
- Harder to find a Green Burial cemetery
Return to Funeral Planning Topics